Architectural Cast Stone Panels: Design Freedom – Simpler, Cost-effective Construction
Cast Stone is produced by a process known as dry-cast or vibrant-tamp production method. Cast stone is a highly refined white Portland concrete material manufactured to simulate natural cut stone. The production method uses a process to carefully grade aggregates. To further enhance its natural stone look, the process also uses much less water than other precast stone products.
Architectural cast stone opens up opportunities for unparalleled design freedom along with the ease of installation:
- Flexibility to create complex shapes, intricate design elements.
- Precision and accuracy of the custom shaped panels allows architects and contractors to create veneers, facades and cladding designs that create aesthetic appeal of monolithic stone.
- Internal color lab and proprietary analysis tools makes it possible to match any color and look desired for architectural stone design.
- AAS is able to manufacture and combine matching wet-cast stone products where longer span, structural strength is required.
- AAS has proven track record to match cast stone panels with glass fiber reinforced concrete panels (GFRC) for optimum cost and design flexibility.
AAS has all of the industry certifications available. AAS manufacturing plants are subject to thorough random unscheduled tests to maintain the certifications.
Case study this month – HarborChase of the Park Cities: Elaborate balustrade system with pre-engineered structural support, veneer with monolithic look. > SEE MORE
The manufactured cast stone resembles natural stone products such as limestone, brownstone, sandstone, bluestone, granite, coral rock, travertine, and others.
Our services includes support at any phase of the project including design and production of details for construction documents, as well as specification development. Once our product is produced to our specifications, installation can be done by a qualified mason.
Our current technology allows us to manufacture cast stone panels in complex geometries at exacting tolerances. Our proprietary processes, knowledge, experience and market position as a leader supplier of stone products, guarantees reliable service and a high quality product.