Architectural GFRC – Thin Concrete Panels for Exterior Cladding, Veneers, Columns
GFRC, Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete, has concrete front facing with options to match look of virtually any other type of stone products. The back is sprayed with layers of glass fibers and concrete admixture to make it ¾” inch thick. Since this architectural concrete stone is hollow from inside, it is much lighter than other cast stone or natural stone products. Architectural GFRC has very competitive strength to weight ratio. AAS has technology and design expertise to custom fabricate GFRC panels in complex shapes. Designers can match any custom color of their control sample. The AAS team works closely with customers to engineer the required anchorage support connections making it much simpler to install.
- Unique potential to mold the stone panels in highly intricate shapes and complex design details.
- With unique materials technology coupled with pre-designed, pre-engineered built in connections, the thin, lightweight (GFRC) concrete panels have much better strength to weight ratio compared to other concrete products.
- The products can be manufactured with high precision and accuracy – exterior cladding, stone veneers and facades can be created with not only flexibility in design options, but also ease of installation.
- GFRC panels can be easily integrated with brick veneer and other concrete products.
- The look and feel of the AAS GFRC panels can match other pre-manufactured stone products, as well as natural stone products such as lime stone. This enables options to combine different concrete or stone materials in a project with seamless aesthetic appeal – for example, use wet-precast concrete with embedded steel reinforcements for structural elements while using GFRC for higher elevation cornices and wall coping.