Architectural Stone Panels: Design Freedom for Architects
AAS support system is set up to clearly understand an architect’s design vision, and to assist in developing fully customized architectural stone products that fulfill the design intent.
The AAS team is able to work very closely with clients for every phase of the project:
- Detailed review and collaboration for confirmation of schematic design details and project feasibility using AutoCAD, Revit or other BIM software products.
- Project specific custom design and manufacturing of stone panels using AAS technology and project execution methodology
- Staging/sequencing of panels and onsite construction planning support as required
As required, the AAS team is able to collaborate with the architect, general contractor, masonry contractor, or building owner for design assist as well as construction assist. The fully integrated approach to stone panels design and manufacturing eliminates vertical fragmentation enabling better design, smooth execution and cost savings.
AAS has won more awards than any other stone manufacturer.
AAS System for Design Assist, Construction Assist
The AAS team’s process allows for efficient collaboration with customers right from the schematic design phase.
- The AAS team has developed a system and efficient process to review the project’s design details, and provide feedback to confirm design feasibility.
- The team is able to collaborate directly with architect, or with contractor for the project as required.
- AAS also has a well-developed system and methodology to assist contractors/installers in detailing the anchoring conditions of any one of the three types of stone panels – cast stone, precast and GFRC.
- Support for onsite construction planning as required.
Design Freedom with Stone Panels
The AAS manufacturing process of architectural stone panels creates unparalleled design flexibility and options for architects, including:
- Complex shapes, intricate designs
- Monolithic stone veneer and cladding design
- Flexibility with engineering the installation details
- Ability to match virtually any custom color
- Computerized batch plant: consistent product quality for project of any size
- Integration with brick veneer, steel & glass structures, any other facade materials
AAS is the project one-stop source for all of architectural stone needs for a project creating architectural panel solutions using three different products –
- Dry vibrant-tamp cast stone
- Architectural wet-precast concrete panels
- GFRC (Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete)
AAS has the knowledge and expertise to analyze the stone requirements of each project, and then to come up with the right applications combining the three products. This flexibility opens up design options while also minimizing installation and construction cost.
Learn more about Architectural GFRC in this course, and earn CEU credits.
AAS has three strategically located plants in Texas, Arizona, and Pennsylvania. That brings flexibility in obtaining LEED credit.