Architectural Cast Stone Panels: Design Freedom – Simpler, Cost-effective Construction
The architectural cast Stone is produced by a process known as dry-cast or vibrant-tamp production method. Cast stone is a highly refined white Portland concrete material manufactured to simulate natural cut stone. The production method uses a process to grade aggregates carefully. To further enhance its natural stone look, the process also uses much less water than other precast stone products.
Cast stone opens up opportunities for unparalleled design freedom along with the ease of installation:
- Flexibility to create complex shapes, intricate design elements.
- Precision and accuracy of the custom-shaped panels allow architects and contractors to create veneers, facades, and cladding designs that can emulate the aesthetic appeal of monolithic stone.
- Internal color lab and proprietary analysis tools make it possible to match any color and look desired for architectural stone design.
- AAS can manufacture and combine matching wet-cast stone products where longer span, structural strength is required.
- AAS has a proven track record to match cast stone panels with glass fiber reinforced concrete panels (GFRC) for optimum cost and design flexibility.
The manufactured cast stone resembles natural stone products such as limestone, brownstone, sandstone, bluestone, granite, coral rock, travertine, etc. AAS has all of the industry certifications available. AAS manufacturing plants are subject to thorough random unscheduled tests to maintain the certifications.
Case study this month – Lebanon Trail High School: Detailed CAD Drawings for design-assist: project coordination, planning support for construction, installation > SEE MORE
The AAS team supports customers during all phases of a project, including the design and production of details for construction documents and specification development. Once our product is produced to our specifications, installation can be done by a qualified mason.
Our current technology allows us to manufacture cast stone panels in complex geometries at exacting tolerances. Our proprietary processes, knowledge, experience, and market position as a leading supplier of stone products, guarantees reliable service and a high-quality product.