Concrete has captured the imagination of designers for thousands of years offering options and flexibility to mold it in different shapes and surface finishes.
The architectural GFRC (Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete), also known as lightweight concrete, is able to extend the range of possibilities that can be realized using concrete. The AAS fabrication methodology empowers designers to customize product shape, color, finish, as well as attachment connections to achieve the design intent. GFRC is much simpler to install than other cast stone products or limestone.
- Applications – wall units, window wall units, mullions, spandrels, column covers or wraps, cornices & banding, trim, soffits, sun screens, custom cladding, veneer or facade design, coping, interior features, etc.
- Design flexibility to achieve deep reveals, complex shapes, short radius curves, wide sweeping arcs, as well as sharp angels.
- With a face mix, a GFRC panel is indistinguishable in exterior appearance from traditional precast or cast stone. The AAS team has track record to use GFRC in place of limestone for high-end design aesthetic at fraction of the cost.
- A wide range of surface finishes maybe achieved by using exposed aggregate faces such as acid wash, sand blasting, integral color, white cement, and texture.
- The low weight of GFRC panels decreases superimposed loads on the building’s structural framing and foundation.
- Ideal for use on buildings where heavier cladding systems would increase the size of required framing members.
- For rehabilitation or retrofit projects, the use of GFRC panels for re-cladding minimizes the load added to the existing structure.
- The light weight of the GFRC panels allows the contractor to quickly and efficiently erect panels even in hard to reach areas, using smaller, less expensive equipment.
- Fiber glass strands selected to achieve desired structural strength.
- Fabrication process ensures consistent structural properties for a project of any size.
- The attachment connections can be pre-engineered and integrated in the fabrication process, simplifying both the design, as well the installation.
- Consistent look and finish for the panels for projects of any size.
- Achieve complex geometries with precise tolerance.
- Match virtually any color with control sample.