TRT Holdings Headquarters is a new 170,000 square ft, six-story Jeffersonian-style office building. The project is one of several buildings located on the Old Parkland Campus at Dallas, Texas developed by Trammell Crow Holdings, one of the largest developers in the U.S.
- The overriding design criterion of this building was to have the same style as all other buildings on the business campus.
- Precast and cast stone was used exclusively as the material at all entries, the exterior connecting porches, hallways and veneer panels at the first floor of the building.
- Pediments, lintels, sills, water tables, columns and roof coping comprised the remainder of the precast or cast stone on the project.
- All entrances to the building have beautiful classical Tuscan columns. The Tuscan columns were repeated at a covered portico connecting the building to a restaurant as well. The columns were connected with a deeply profiled trim. The precast portico runs a length of over 50 feet.
PROJECT: TRT Holdings Headquarters | Case Stone, Architectural Precast | 2014 APA Award of Excellence
Process for Design
- All pieces, of the same profile, were scaled to varying sizes due to different size windows, doors, entryways and breezeways around the structure. Precise mold making ability of AAS enabled the required precision over wide range of sizes.
- There were 7712 pieces of precast and cast stone on the project. The production was carried out using 153 different molds. The mix design was the company’s standard formula with adjustment to a special color used throughout the campus.
- Manufacturing was carried out using company’s computer-driven batch plant and computer driven liquid color system. The automated systems provide the quality control to assure consistency of color and texture.
TRT Head Quarters | Cast Stone, Architectural Precast, Architectural GFRC | 2014 APA Award | Product Materials: Cast Stone, Architectural Precast, Architectural GFRC | Entries, exterior connecting porches, hallways, veneers, pediments, lintels, sills, water tables, columns and roof coping
The owner of the Old Park Land campus, with all five of their architects visited AAS production facility throughout the project life cycle to make sure the color, texture, and scale of the precast and cast stone met the overall design intent of the campus.
Project Name: TRT Holdings Headquarters
Location: 4001 Maple Avenue @ the Old Parkland Campus, Dallas, Texas
Architect: HKS, Inc
General Contractor: Brasfield & Gorrie
Products: Architectural Cast Stone, Architectural GFRC, Precast Concrete
Applications: Architectural Stone Cladding, Veneer Design, Custom Columns