GFRC Advantage: Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing
AAS has specialized technology and process to design, fabricate Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC – also known as light weight concrete) products.
- The AAS manufacturing technique selects fiber glass strands of right length to match the strength requirements of a specific product.
- AAS GFRC is much richer in use of quality cement. AAS uses unique polymer additives that makes the curating of GFRC more effective.
- AAS GFRC is packed, rolled and compressed material that doesn’t have any air bubbles in it.
- AAS has very well developed spraying equipment and experienced team that makes it possible to create GFRC products of different sizes, shapes with highly involved finishes as well when required.
- AAS technology enables manufacturing of GFRC panels in complex geometries with precise tolerance.
- Due to the ease of forming, coloring, and availability of extra-large sizes, GFRC panels are ideally suited to address any complex or innovative design intent.
- The AAS team is able to match virtually any color with a control sample.
GFRC PRODUCTS: SEE MANUFACTURING IN WORKS
Custom Design GFRC Cornices
GFRC cornices with pre-engineered connections for simple, easy installation: see the manufacturing process for GFRC cornices in this VIDEO BLOG POST >>
Fluted Tapered GFRC Columns, Corinthian Capitals
Custom design fluted, tapered GFRC columns and corinthian capitals … VIDEO CLIPS show manufacturing process for creating different components of the modular design >>
GFRC: Pre-engineered Design Answers
With the in-depth proactive analysis and detailed engineering, the GFRC panels from AAS are extremely easy to install. The GFRC products whether they are cladding panels, or columns, or architectural trims, or corbels, or other exterior architectural elements have built in embeds to connect to the support structure. There is no additional structural support required to install the panels. Combine that with lighter weight of the product, and you have an architectural stone solution that is much simpler to install and integrate in the buildings.
GFRC Panels: Fire Resistance
GFRC is made with a polymer curing admixture. It will meet the requirements of NFPA Class A and UBC Class I when tested according to ASTM E84, resulting in a “0 Flame Spread Rating” and less than 5 smoke density.
Our panels are classified as “Class A” fire resistant.
Long Term Durability
GFRC requires little maintenance and, due to its strength, it is resistant to high impacts.
AAS team has helped a number of customers with innovative solutions using GFRC products that delivered much stronger visual appeal and longer life compared to stucco or EIFS products for example.